Welcome to The Tree House Cafe
There are a load of cafes in Windsor. For the size of the population, there are more cafes in Windsor than in any town in the UK. So, why on earth would anyone open another one?
It is because we, as a church in Windsor, believe in our four values; creativity, community, family and inclusivity, and we want to reflect that.
So, Tree House Cafe aims to do the following....
- Offer a place where families can take children and have a place for them to play and activities for them to do... as parents of small children we know what it is like to try to find somewhere child-friendly and affordable to get a coffee and a snack.
- Offer a place for groups to meet. We have a wonderful and unique venue in Windsor. If you would like to bring your group along please get in touch. We were thinking that we might be an ideal venue for writing groups, poetry groups, songwriting workshops, sewing groups, pilates, art workshops, art exhibitions, concerts... but you may have other and better ideas and if you do we would love to hear from you! Please email us.
- Offer Fair Trade tea, coffee and food.... with good Fair Trade tea & coffee! We believe that Windsor people want their choices to reflect their beliefs and values.
- Support local charities; Windsor Baptist Church supports the Windsor Homeless Project and the Windsor Street Angels - and The Tree House Cafe aims to financially support these too.
- Offer a wonderful music and arts venue; the cafe will enhance the projects which are going on there... more about these events can be found at scruffysoul.com.
- Give a town centre venue for Windsor Foodshare.
- Offer 'Suspended Coffee'.. you may need to click the link, but the idea is that people can buy a coffee for a stranger in need. As our projects work with homeless and other people who are in need, we love this idea and we think that you will too :)
- Offer a place for community groups and support groups to offer a drop in; we are already talking about having a Beat Surgery where people can come along to discuss any concerns with the local Community Policing team. But we have been discussing other possibilities too. What does Windsor need? What could you bring? Please get in touch.
- There are loads of possibilities and we want to work with the Windsor community to do something which will benefit the the town. We are fortunate to have a wonderful venue here, and we would like the people of Windsor to work with us to do something amazing.
So, our aim is to offer a welcoming place for people to connect and belong and to support the work that we feel passionate about.
If you are interested in details, would like to know more or would like to get involved please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you!